2013 Lexus GS 350 Summer Road Test: June 15th, 2012
GS350Forum.com is the premier Lexus GS350 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

2013 Lexus GS 350 Summer Road Test: June 15th, 2012

Now six weeks into my summer road test with the 2013 Lexus GS 350, Iíve become increasingly familiar with the car ó as an update, Iíve put together a list of the things that have stood out so far.

1. The handling, the growl, the paddle shifts, the Drive Mode Select ó everything about driving this car is a blast. The difference between the drive modes is noticeable ó on some of my favorite local roads, *Sport +* mode is a perfect fit with its tighter suspension and looser accelerator pedal, but put the GS into the *ECO* mode and itís a natural highway cruiser.

2. Over these six weeks, Iíve travelled over 4,000kms (2,485 miles) and am averaging 9.7 L/100km, or 24.2 mpg ó much better than the EPA rating of 11.2 L/100km, or 21 combined mpg.

For one tank, my wife and I even managed to hit 8.9 L/100km (26.4 mpg), and Iím looking forward to trying to improve on that when we take our big road trip in July.

3. As much as I enjoy driving the car, Iím hopelessly addicted to using the dynamic radar cruise control. Thereís always a concern that these advanced-tech driver aids lead to distraction, but having the car adjust for traffic speed on the highway helps me maintain my focus and reduces my stress considerably.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

4. On the topic of driver aids, I’ve tried out the Night View system on multiple occasions and have yet to find any use for it — definitely something I have to figure out.

5. I’m a big fan of the headlights — not only do they have a distinctive look with the L-styled daytime running lights, the HID headlamps cast an impressive light out on the rural roads at night.

6. It’s no different than any car, but the wheel wells are driving me crazy with the way they pick up dirt — keeping them clean is a thankless job, and it’s made worse by the felt material surrounding the rear wheels.

7. The new Lexus interior design is modern but comfortable, and even with all the black interior elements, it feels warm and inviting — really enjoy spending time behind the wheel, especially at night.

(It was interesting to compare the GS interior to the new 2013 ES — the shared design language definitely has some flexibility.)

8. Even with the giant 12.3″ screen and the *Remote Touch* revisions, I’m still having trouble using the navigation system distraction-free — so it’s pretty ironic that I’m also disappointed that Canada doesn’t offer the app integration that’s available in the USA.

9. It’s a small thing, but I don’t like the arm rest. The two-stage slide & lift opening mechanism is awkward, and my USB cable is always getting stuck in the tracks.

Source: Lexus Enthusiast

5. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Nice posts. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!

Nice post. I have a question. Does your 2013 GS350 give much noise from just the wind passing over the car when at highway speed? Mine (i just bought it a few weeks ago) practically roars. I'm not talking about road noise from the tires. The noise appears to be coming from around the doors or windows, including the moonroof. I don't think I'm being overly sensitive here. My IS350 is very quiet.

thanks,

rodney

8. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.