Please Help! New Wheels and Tires Rub!
GS350Forum.com is the premier Lexus GS350 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Please Help! New Wheels and Tires Rub!

I posted the following in the Wheels and Tires section but thought it may get more attention here

Let me start by saying I'm new to this forum and really need some help! I recently purchased a 2013 GS 350 for my wife. I ordered a set of Lexani CVX 44 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear
    with 245/35r20 front and 275/30r20 rear Nitto 555 tires. I did as much research as I possibly could and didn't see any problems with the setup. The wheels were ordered from Discount
    Tire and they agreeded they would fit with not problems. I had the tires mounted and balanced here at the shop I work at and installed on the vehicle. They look amazing BUT the front
    tires rub on turns and hit the left front fender lip on dips. I started doing some investigating and notice the front wheels are a 20mm offset. I called Lexani and they tell me 35mm would
    be a better fit and 45mm was stock. Discount Tire says its not the offset but that my front tires are too big. I think the front wheels stick out too much causing the problem with hitting
    the fender when going through dips but if they bring it in then its going to rub ob inner fender liners more, right?? Do I need a different offset or a smaller size tire OR both? Please help if
    you have any suggestions or experience with this setup. My wife is about to make me put the stocks back on if I can't stop the rubbing problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Hey check out the Club Lexus site under 4th generation GS (if you have not already). There is a "suspension" section and wheels and tires discussions. I believe most people that are running 20 X 9 up front are also using 245/35 20 but with +38 mm offset. I am no technical car guru, so I cannot confidently comment on the real issue. Is your GS lowered? If so which spring set did you choose? Is it an F sport? Or does it have the sport plus option (stiffens springs up-->less rebound on bumps/dips). I know one guy had slight rubbing issues making U-turns, using RSR super down springs, running same setup as you (but with different offsets as I mentioned above). I am about to drop my f sport and run 20 inch Vossen CV 5's and I am hoping to avoid issues, seems to be hit and miss with some people experiencing no problems while other are. Hope that will give you some help as Club Lexus has a ton more information , unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders81 View Post
    Hey check out the Club Lexus site under 4th generation GS (if you have not already). There is a "suspension" section and wheels and tires discussions. I believe most people that are running 20 X 9 up front are also using 245/35 20 but with +38 mm offset. I am no technical car guru, so I cannot confidently comment on the real issue. Is your GS lowered? If so which spring set did you choose? Is it an F sport? Or does it have the sport plus option (stiffens springs up-->less rebound on bumps/dips). I know one guy had slight rubbing issues making U-turns, using RSR super down springs, running same setup as you (but with different offsets as I mentioned above). I am about to drop my f sport and run 20 inch Vossen CV 5's and I am hoping to avoid issues, seems to be hit and miss with some people experiencing no problems while other are. Hope that will give you some help as Club Lexus has a ton more information , unfortunately
    Yes I commented on that forum also and received much feedback. Mine is stock suspension just the wheels and tires. I'm trying to get Discount Tire to contact Lexani and get me another set of front wheels. Thanks for the input!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Discount Tire does NOT want to budge, they insist they are right and I am wrong! First time dealing with them for personal services and will probably be the last if the do not correct this!

Sorry for all the trouble you are going through. In the end, I hope the customer (you) is treated justly and they handle business. How were you able to post on the Club Lexus site? I cannot seem to get "privileges."

I just signed up and started posting right away. I didn't do anything different than I did when I joined this forum.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in