How much difference does Adaptive Variable Suspension make?
GS350Forum.com is the premier Lexus GS350 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

How much difference does Adaptive Variable Suspension make?

Hi,
    I'm a newbie with a 2008 Infiniti G35, and considering a GS 350. I've test driven a couple and I love the combination of refinement, comfort and responsiveness. I've read what I could find regarding AVS but the real details are pretty sparse. I understand the part about being able to firm things up by turning it to Sport+, but my question is about normal mode.

Is the ride in normal mode different from a base model without AVS? From what I've read, AVS will make adjustments as you drive to reduce lean, dive and squat. So does that mean that it can be a little softer initially since it has the flexibility to tighten up a bit to maintain body control when it needs to? And can someone who's driven the two back to back describe the subjective differences between the two? As you might have guessed, I'm wondering if the luxury package is worth it for me - the AVS would potentially be the biggest draw.

Thanks!
    Richard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Hi Richard! It's probably too late for you, but I hope you got the luxury package because personally I think the AVS makes a huge difference for the normal mode. I was car shopping for the most comfortable driving machine lol because I've developed back pain. I test drove a GS 350 F package for a few days, but ended up buying a normal GS 350 and I noticed a significant difference in comfort and the F package (normal mode) wins hands down. I wish I bought one with luxury package, but there are so few of them out there and it's beyond my budget.

I am curious to see which one you went with and if you'd agree with my experience.

Thanks,
    Lindsay

4. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus GS350 Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in